Sunday, March 25, 2012

What Inspires Me To Be An Artist


What inspires me to be an artist? I would have to say everything. I am always amazed at cloud formations. I look up at them all the time.The ones that have silver linings are the most beautiful clouds.The flowers with there delicate petals I think of as God's artwork.The beautiful, the vivid color of birds and butterflies would give anyone a color theory lesson. My slogan is "Let me share my joy of painting with you.

My career began late in life after I retired from my second career. I became a widow one year before retirement. I needed something to do to fill my time and the void I had in my life. I walked bravely into a local Folk Art School and stated to the Instructor; "I want to paint". I became a member of a wonderful paint group.

Each year I worked on a technique in painting. I started painting with oils but I didn't like the smell of turpentine used to clean brushes. Next came decorative painting with acrylics as you can see in the picture. Next I tried pen and ink and watercolor wash. From there it was one stroke with acrylics. Colored pencils fascinated me so I spent almost two years working on this technique. I love the layering of colors Now I am into watercolor which is probably the hardest for me to do.

Watercolor can be so beautiful , so bright as the whole outdoors, and the subjects I want to paint. Landscapes are on my palette now. I love the countryside scenes and rides down the old country roads of middle Tennessee. That is why I paint. My paintings are my way of recording what I have seen.

My art work led me to where I am Now, a shop on Etsy. the largest handmade network on-line. "Let me share my joy of painting with you" is my purpose. Today I share it with you www.glory2727.etsy.com.

No comments: